The area we will be cleaning is an important rock art site for the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe. It has at least one fire pit that needs to be removed and a scattering of litter in some of the vegetation. NVFCP and our volunteers will assist in discouraging illegal camping at the site.
Due to the sensitivity of the site, volunteer space is limited and participants will need to be interviewed for a position. When you submit your RSVP, please include a phone number and you will be contacted for an interview.
- We will meet at Railroad Pass Casino Parking (2800 S Boulder Hwy, Henderson, NV 89002) and break up into carpool groups then head to the Laughlin Area.
- We will arrive at the site and meet with the archaeologist and some tribal representatives.
- Depending on how many people volunteer, we could be cleaning at the site anywhere from an hour to two hours.
- The BLM will be providing bags, gloves, and all of the other equipment.
- NVFCP will have a cooler with cold waters and some snacks.
- You will need to dress for working outdoors and light hiking in the weather (sunscreen, hat, hiking boots, work gloves you like, a day pack with your water, etc.).
- Head back to Railroad Pass Casino
- Arrive back at vehicles