September 30 - October 1
Join NVFCP archaeologists and graffiti removal specialists in cleaning up decades of painted graffiti at important petroglyph and pictograph sites in Southern Nevada.
- Training on how to "remove" graffiti from culturally significant areas.
- Transportation to and from the sites which are located in the northwest part of the Las Vegas Valley.
- Feelings of satisfaction when seeing the results of their efforts.
Volunteer can expect the following for each outing:
- Riding off-road in a 4X4 vehicle
- Up-to 7 hours of time outdoors
- Walking/hiking on uneven terrain
- Time standing, stooping, scrubbing, scraping, and wiping
- Wearing safety gear including eye protection, gloves, and a mask
- Wearing weather appropriate attire (boots, hat, long sleeves, and long pants)
- Use of chemical solvents, such as citrus based paint strippers, that can damage clothing
The health and safety of each volunteer is our number one priority. Each volunteer is encouraged to only work within their abilities and at their own comfort level.
Click the sign up form button above to volunteer! NVFCP will reach out to you after they review your form.